Friday, April 5, 2013

Pencil sketches.

I sketched with pencil for the first time in months. I switched to digital at the later part of last year. I wanted to work on my comics from my bed (I'm lazy, sue me), and I already owned a tablet so I figured I'd work at using it until it became natural. I never ditched traditional drawing, but it became less and less important to me since I could do everything from my laptop. It felt good to get a sketch out on paper, and it makes me want to learn how to finalize sketches in a professional manner. There's so much I need to learn, such as finalizing sketches and adding detail for inking, inking in particular, and shading. I'm good at it, but I'm not great and that's what I want to get to. I'm trying my best to make my comic stand out, and I'm gaining a pretty good fanbase. I wish I was better at promoting, but I never really know what to do besides plugging the comic on websites. I'm sure in time it'll come, but until then I'll keep learning how to make it better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment