Monday, April 8, 2013

A comic company got back to me today.

I submitted SOMA to a comic company, G.M.I. Manga, a while back and today they finally replied. 

The general consensus was good~

They loved the concept of the comic, and the art style was compared to Jet Set Radio. I love JSR! I used to play it nonstop on my Dreamcast back in the day, so to have my style compared to that is quite the compliment. The one issue they had, and it was more of a high recommendation, was that it should be colorized. They went on to say that the black and white tone makes the wacky story of SOMA not pop as it should. 

I told them that coloring isn't an issue for me, and I'd be glad to do it (Manga Studio makes it very easy to color comics). It's a completely understandable choice to make: we're in the digital world now, which means we can easily read comics through our mobile devices/computers/tablets and such. It makes sense that we'd all want to read comics in color now.


What do you guys think? Would you like to see Short Order Mobile Action as a colorized comic?

You can read it here. It's up to the beginning of Chapter 4, so there's plenty to read~

No comments:

Post a Comment