Saturday, April 6, 2013

Art Jam - April 2013 News

I'm participating in an art jam for the first week of April, meaning it's ending tomorrow and I'll be posting up my finished pieces then. I had a lot of fun with this jam! The last one went on for over 2 weeks and it was exhausting since I was also working on my comic and a few art trades with people on deviantArt. Needless to say, I was burned out. It got to the point that I couldn't even look at my pen and tablet; I was that tired of drawing. Putting the past aside, this week's art jam was refreshing and really made me proud of my abilities as an artist. I wanted to try a few new things, such as colors, poses, even inking, and I think everyone reading this will be surprised at the progress I've made. I also switched from Photoshop to Manga Studio EX 4, which is a much superior program when it comes to inking. I'm trying to get used to coloring with MS, but it's proving not to be as complicated as I initially thought it was. I can't wait to show everyone what I've been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment