Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Look What I Drew! 07/01/2014

The first page of Queen's Quartz is up!

Okay, this was actually done a couple of days ago but I was having issues uploading on my phone so it took me a bit to get it on here. I have 3 pages set up and the second one is almost finished (tones are a pain in the ass), but it's all coming together very nicely! I need to get some more thumbnails done and I can definitely do 2 rough pages a day if I keep this pace going.

In other news, I saw Transformers: Age of Extinction. It was...craziness. I knew going into it that the story would be terrible - it is a Michael Bay film, after all - but damned if it didn't keep me entertained. Mark Wahlberg was actually pretty decent in this: funny, held his own in the action scenes but they didn't make him to be this super badass or anything. The only area that took me out of the movie was that he was way too jacked for an inventor, otherwise I was all in.

If you loved the first 3, you'll love this one. If not...it's a movie about giant robots: quit taking it seriously.

I'm going to end this post with a rant: The other day a fellow artist complained that getting comments/feedback such as "Your art looks like (insert another artist here)!" wasn't good because it made them feel that their art wasn't original.

I'm sorry, but here's where I take slight offense: nobody's art is original. Unique, sure, but every artist borrows from another so you'll never be truly original. To think that you are seems arrogant, personally. I understand that an artist has to feel that they're doing something no one's ever seen, and that can happen in how you approach the subject. You can tell the same story from a different perspective, you know?

In any case. it irked me to read this, then have people agree with the notion. I know that I've borrowed from others and made something that makes my style unique, and I feel that should be encouraged more than telling others they're special snowflakes.

Your guys's thoughts? Leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment