Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Look What I Drew Today! 10/23/2013

Well, it's not so much just what I drew, but also that it's a redraw of a previous piece.
The first drawing was done back in...oh, I'm not sure: 2008-2009? It comes from the second sketchbook I've ever owned. Back in high school, I spent so much time doodling on the pages of my classwork that I finally decided to buy a sketchbook. I took it with me to my first ever convention, the Big Apple Anime Fest, back in 2002. It wouldn't be until years later that I bought another sketchbook that holds the drawing you see here. Well, I was flipping through the pages, saw this old picture and decided to redraw it.

My, the difference a few years makes. Oh, and increasing skills and experience. Can't forget those. I probably could have moved the photo on the right more, but you get the gist of the drawing.

This was also in the sketchbook, and I've actually redrawn the photo on the left a couple more times but it's never come out the way I wanted it to. Problems with anatomy, foreshortening, and overall balance have plagued me for years. I'm happy to say that I've gotten much better at it~

No comments:

Post a Comment