Monday, October 14, 2013

Look What I Drew! 10/15/2013


Luffy D. Monkey - One Piece (New World outfit)

I posted the traditional piece a while back and I really wanted to color it in. The only problem was that  I couldn't think up a good background so I went for something that might match his expression. I need to start working on more dynamic poses for my characters, though...you can only have people staring seriously in angles for so long.

Anybody watching Kill La Kill? It has the same director/writer from Gurren Lagaan so it's immediately top notch stuff. The animation is crazy, with such fluidity in majority of the episodes, yet for comedic effect in some scenes they lowered the frame rate. The art style itself is right up my alley: I'm a huge fan of a less detailed character in a more fleshed out world. The angles they use in some shots are what you'd expect from the company that produces this anime: very dynamic and sharp. The main character, Ryuko, has the typical badass personality but it gets switched up with very funny scenes. Also, she's really hot. Like...really hot. 

I love the enemies she faces, as well. Crazy designs and personalities...I can't wait for episode 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment