Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Look What I Drew! 09/02/2014

I can't believe I forgot to post this.

It was day 6 of the Art Jam: bounty hunters. I knew I wanted to do an anime character so I decided to go with Yoko from Gurren Lagann. The original piece was terrible: a rushed traditional piece where the proportions and body type were way off. I wanted to redo it and this is the final result which I'm quite happy with.

I've been drawing somewhat recently, but definitely not how I should be. I think I burned out and the stress of trying to finish Queen's Quartz made me shy away from it. I know it's not an acceptable reason to stop working, especially since that would never fly professionaly, but it's what happened and I'm working through it.

In the meantime I've been working on sketches here and there, trying to get back into the groove. I missed my deadline for QQ but I'll still be working on it. I at least owe everyone that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment