Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Slightly depressed.

It's been six months since I lost my job at a design company. In that time, I've been trying to make a name for myself and promote my artwork as much as I could.

That plan hasn't worked out as well as I wanted.

I didn't expect it to be easy, but I sure didn't expect it to be so hard. I feel like I've started to come into my own as an artist, and I've been putting out some of the best work I've done up until now... But I also feel like I have nothing to show for it. I haven't gotten any commissions, I haven't gotten any freelance jobs, and it's like I've made one step forward when it should have been three.

I don't mean for this to be a "woe is me" post, but it helps to get my frustration out. I'm gonna see if I can go back to my previous job, before the design company, and my art will continue, but it's a 9-5 so my progress will more than likely take a hit.

It's not too late for something to happen, but at this point I'm praying for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment